Looking to develop your skills and break into the professional game? Apply for our Mentee Development Programme today!
In partnership with The Chelsea Foundation, The FA will be running a Mentee Development Programme for 10 aspirational, intentional coaches.
The revamped Mentee Development programme will run throughout the 2021/2022 Season, offering a number of opportunities that aim to accelerate the development of coaches striving to break into the professional game, and will provide a bespoke and agile programme designed to meet the needs of each individual coach.
This is an unpaid programme, however all incidental expenses will be covered over the season with an October start and July/August finish. You will be expected to commit to approximately 20 days over the course of the programme. Please note that the deadline for applications is Wednesday 15 September 2021.
The selected mentees will receive:
- An opportunity to observe England national team development camps
- A bespoke individualised development action plan based around the coaches needs and wants
- A blended learning approach with a comprehensive webinar series around player development coupled with face-to-face opportunities to observe this in action with club visits
- Study visits to professional clubs to observe the boys and girls academies
- Season-long 1-1 mentoring
- Presentation and communication skills workshops developing employability skills
- A CV skills day run by the LMA
- Reflection skill workshops
- Developing a series of communities of practice to share experiences and network
- A series of tactical and analysis workshops
The qualifying criteria for those wishing to apply is UEFA B for male applicants, and Level 2 working towards UEFA B or above for female applicants.
In particular we welcome applications from Black, Asian and female candidates in order to help address the historically significant underrepresentation of coaches from these groups. To begin your application, please follow the link below:
Speaking on the launch of the initiative, Butch Fazal, FA Coach Inclusion and Diversity Manager said: “The FA are delighted to continue this invaluable partnership with The Chelsea Foundation in our united aim to deliver inspirational opportunities to coaches from historically under represented backgrounds and females looking to pursue a career in the professional game. Chelsea have supported the Elite mentee programme for the past five years and now continue with the Mentee Development Programme which is a demonstrable example of their commitment to inclusion and diversity.”