Club placement programme
Our Club Placement Programme is back!
about the programme
At the top levels of both the men's and women's game, Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and female coaches continue to be significantly underrepresented within key positions.
The FA is committed to changing that. We're committed to developing more opportunities for Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and female coaches to get essential experience to challenge for coaching and technical roles in football.
As part of our Coach Inclusion and Diversity Plan, we've partnered with 16 professional clubs in our Club Placement Programme for the new season. This initiative offers 16 exciting academy placement opportunities for coaches from historically underrepresented backgrounds.
Reporting to the club's head of coaching, successful candidates will take on a part-time volunteer role within a club’s category 1, 2 or 3 academy. And through a carefully structured programme of learning and development opportunities they will gain invaluable experience and exposure within a professional environment.
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Classification
The FA adopts Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic classifications to refer to members of communities who identify as being Black, Asian, from Mixed/Multiple Ethnic Groups or from other Ethnic Groups as per the England and Wales Census ethnicity classifications.
This is consistent with the Oxford English dictionary definition of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and the ONS definition of Ethnic Minority.
Reporting to the head of coaching, successful applicants will:
- Gain an understanding of the coaching programme across all age groups of players and deliver related practices associated with excellence in football
- Have the opportunity to support the development of academy players
- Gain an understanding of planning, delivery and evaluation of coaching sessions on P.M.A.
- Have the opportunity to record and evaluate player’s performance within sessions & games
- Have the opportunity to monitor players and report their progress on a regular basis, completing the relevant reports
- Commit to a training and games programme as required
- Have the opportunity to get across and attend internal meetings and CPD events provided by the club
- Be required to work evenings and weekends
- Gain an understanding and knowledge of Football League rules and the company policies and procedures relating to the role
- Gain invaluable experience of recruitment within the age phases
The Club Placement Programme is a major commitment from The FA and these clubs to creating a better reflection of ethnicity and gender in key positions at this level. These placements will provide a unique experience for 16 aspiring coaches from under-represented communities.
Application CriteriaIf you’d like to be considered for one of the placements, here are the criteria you’ll need to match as part of your application:
- FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football
- FA Youth Modules 1-2-3 or equivalent Block 1 and 2 of the new Level 2
- Current DBS clearance
- FA Safeguarding and Emergency Aid/ BFAS Qualifications
- Computer literate
- FA licensed coach
- A desire to pursue a career in the football industry and be committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated, showing a passion for developing players
- Ability to work as part of a team and buy-in to the academy philosophy
- A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of individuals
- Enhanced DBS clearance prior to taking the job role
- Have a flexible attitude to work and be able to work independently and proactively