Club placement programme
Our Club Placement Programme is back for the 2020/21 season!
about the programme
At the top levels of both the men's and women's game, female and BAME* coaches continue to be significantly under-represented within key positions.
The FA is committed to changing that. We're committed to developing more opportunities for BAME and female coaches to get essential experience to challenge for coaching and technical roles in football.
As part of our Coach Inclusion and Diversity Plan, we've partnered with 13 professional clubs in our Club Placement Programme for the new season. This initiative offers 13 exciting academy placement opportunities for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic* and female coaches.
Reporting to the club's head of coaching, successful candidates will take on a part-time volunteer role within a club’s category 1, 2 or 3 academy. And through a carefully structured programme of learning and development opportunities they will gain invaluable experience and exposure within a professional environment.
The FA adopts the BAME classification to refer to members of communities within the UK who identify as ‘other than white’.
This is consistent with the Oxford English dictionary definition of BAME and the ONS definition of “Ethnic Minority (UK).
Reporting to the head of coaching, successful applicants will:
- Gain an understanding of the coaching programme for a across all the age groups of players and deliver related practices associated with excellence in football
- Have the opportunity to support the development of academy players
- Gain an understanding of planning, delivery and evaluation of coaching sessions on P.M.A.
- Have the opportunity to record and evaluate player’s performance within sessions & games
- Have the opportunity to monitor players and report their progress on a regular basis, completing the relevant reports
- Commit to a training and games programme as required
- Have the opportunity to get across and attend internal meetings and CPD events provided by the club
- Be required to work evenings and weekends
- Gain an understanding and knowledge of Football League rules and the company policies and procedures relating to the role
- Gain invaluable experience of recruitment within the age phases
The Club Placement Programme is a major commitment from The FA and these clubs to creating a better reflection of ethnicity and gender in key positions at this level. These placements will provide a unique experience for 13 aspiring coaches from under-represented communities.
Application CriteriaIf you’d like to be considered for one of the placements, here are the criteria you’ll need to match as part of your application:
- FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football
- FA Youth Modules 1-2-3 or equivalent Block 1 and 2 of the new Level 2
- Current DBS clearance
- FA Safeguarding and Emergency Aid/ BFAS Qualifications
- Computer literate
- FA licensed coach
- A desire to pursue a career in the football industry and be committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated, showing a passion for developing players
- Ability to work as part of a team and buy-in to the academy philosophy
- A positive and professional attitude and the ability to work with a range of individuals
- Enhanced DBS clearance prior to taking the job role
- Have a flexible attitude to work and be able to work independently and proactively
Applications are now open for the 2020/21 season!
You can see all the different clubs that are taking part below. Please complete your application form and return this to the contact listed at the club you wish to join.
The Football Association Group promotes equal opportunities in employment, and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
The placements are allocated to one per club.
Closing date: 5pm on Wednesday 14 October 2020