Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football Reaccreditation
How's it structured?
This is a one-day course delivered through a range of practical workshops, with supporting demonstrations and question and answer sessions to meet all your needs.
What are the learning outcomes?
The one-day course is an opportunity to refresh the ATMMiF content, update on changes in protocols and clinical procedures and an important opportunity to refresh practical clinical skills.
Using practical based football scenarios the essential components of the course are:
- A-E Assessment
- Advanced airway management
- Management of the critically ill or injured player
- Spinal management in football
- Management of sudden cardiac arrest in football inclusive of Basic Life Support (BLS) with Automated External Defibrillators (AED)and Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Management of limb threatening injuries
- Safe extrication of players
who's it for?
The course is for graduates of the ATMMiF program and equivalent courses and assumes a level of knowledge and competencies.
Therefore learners should be:
- Doctors: GMC registration number
- Physiotherapists: HCPC registration number
- Graduate Sports Therapists: Sports Therapy Degree and Member of Society of Sports Therapists
The currency of the ATMMiF re-accreditation certificate for use as a first aid qualification is therefore limited to one year.
You can check to see if you have a FAN already here.
If you cannot find that you already have a FAN on the above link, you can create a new FAN here.
If you know your FAN but do not know your password, you can reset it here. You must have access to the email address linked to your FAN in order to reset your password.
No. We receive high levels of interest on these courses every season and so only those who meet all of the pre-requisites will be considered for a place on a course.