About The Course
We are getting ready to launch a new online Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF) course in Spring 2021.
We are currently redeveloping this course as an online learning module, that you can complete at a time that suits you.
The IFAiF course will provide you with the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to attend a conscious or unconscious player, ensuring that appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and takeover, or until an alternative healthcare professional(s) assumes responsibility. It is a practical guide to dealing with the essential components of saving a life, both in training and matches.
This course goes beyond generic first aid and includes elements specific to football.
Register your interest in this course today and be the first to know when we launch.
Register your interest
This course is an introduction to first aid in football and will cover:
- Your role and responsibilities and the need for a club emergency action plan (EAP).
- How to open and operate an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- How to open an airway, apply chest compressions and be COVID-19 safe.
- The myths that prevent appropriate first aid from being delivered.
- Helping someone who is choking.
- Supporting people who suffer with anaphylaxis and asthma.
- Concussion guidelines.
- How to recognise someone with a head injury and get appropriate help.