About The Course
The overall aim of The FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) is to raise the standard of first aid provision within football.
It goes beyond generic first aid and includes elements specific to football.
To book a course near you, please click 'Find dates'. Please note that learners will need to adhere to the latest Covid-19 safety guidelines to attend this course; details will be sent to you prior to your course starting.
We will be launching more EFAiF courses throughout the 22/23 season.
If you want to be the first to know when new courses are released in different areas, please complete the form below.
The course will cover:
- The role of the First Aider in football
- The jaw thrust as an airway opening technique for a contact sport such as football
- The A-E approach of the injured footballer (inclusive of the unconscious footballer)
- Emergency Action planning for football Preparation for action for sudden cardiac arrest in the young
- Recognition, BLS with AED
- The FA Concussion guidelines and concussion management from a first aid perspective for football
- Dispelling the myths of first aid in football
- The football specific first aid kit and record keeping
- Duty of care in football
- Medical emergencies in football
- Focusing on those illnesses that can lead to life threatening injuries in football
- Limb threatening injuries in football
- Wounds and bleeding / Fracture management for football
- Acute soft tissue injury management in football
- Spinal injuries in football, manual in line stabilisation and assisting the ambulance crew with a log roll
- Paediatric elements to all of the above