FA Level 5
Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football
How's it structured?This is a two-day course that’s hosted at The FA’s national football centre, St George’s Park.
It is delivered through a range of practical and theory workshops, with supporting demonstrations and question and answer sessions to meet all your needs.
what are the learning Outcomes?
This highly practical and interactive course will help you to develop essential core and extended skills through a series of skill rapid practice scenarios and formative assessments.
Content will focus on:
- Medico legal aspects and duty of care of working in football
- Emergency action planning for football
- Structured A-E approach of the injured player
- Sudden cardiac arrest in football
- Basic and Advanced Life Support (BLS and ALS)
- Use of Automated External Defibrillators (AED)
- Advanced airway management and oxygen therapy
- Management of the critically ill player (inclusive of invasive techniques)
- Fractures and Dislocations in football and pain management
- Spinal injury and management in football (inclusive of extrication)
- Head injury management and the FA Concussion guidelines
- Maxillo-facial injury in football
- Medical emergencies in football
Who’s it for?The FA ATMMiF course is designed for doctors and physiotherapists who have the primary responsibility for the management of injured players.
We assume a level of knowledge and competencies prior to taking part, and so learners should:
• Be a doctor with a GMC registration number
• Be a physiotherapist, paramedic or nurse with an HCPC registration number
• Be a Graduate Sports Therapist: Sports Therapy degree and Member of the Society of Sports Therapy and have successfully completed The FA L4 ITMMiF in the past three years or have an expiring ATMMiF qualification
You will need to email a copy of all relevant medical qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org when applying.
We do accept a small selection of non-FA medical courses as pre-requisite qualifications for our medical courses. You can access information on the courses which we accept here.
WHAT YOU’LL BE ABLE TO DO WITH THIS QUALIFICATIONThis is the highest available qualification within our medical pathway, and by completing it you will have the skills to act as the team leader in the event of a life or limb threatening injury in football.
Due to the nature and responsibility associated with first aid provision, and in line with current UK guidelines, the currency of the ATMMiF certificate for use as a first aid qualification will be limited to three years.
We recommend you complete a one-day reaccreditation course each season. To remain qualified and in date you must, as a minimum, complete a further ATMMiF course within the final three months prior to expiry of the qualification.
Venue: University of Nottingham
Dates: 14 and 15 June 2021
Enrolment Deadline: 5pm, 26 April 2021
You can check to see if you have a FAN already here.
If you cannot find that you already have a FAN on the above link, you can create a new FAN here.
If you know your FAN but do not know your password, you can reset it here. You must have access to the email address linked to your FAN in order to reset your password.
No. We receive high levels of interest on these courses every season and so only those who meet all of the pre-requisites will be considered for a place on a course.