Primary Teachers’ Award
How's it structured?
This is a six-hour course, often delivered in one full day or two half days. It's mostly practical, with plenty of opportunity to join in and learn by taking part.
Our tutors are all part of the FA PE Unit, a team of teachers with a real passion for PE. They have a wealth of knowledge and experience working with teachers and children, and are experts in delivering relevant information in a friendly way.
What are the learning Outcomes?
The aim of the course is to increase confidence and competence to deliver engaging, inclusive, high-quality PE lessons through the invasion game of football.
The course outcomes are to develop a basic knowledge, understanding and application of:
- Holistic child development through primary PE
- Key-stage specific content related to the national curriculum
- High-quality teaching and learning in PE
- Learning through games
Who's it for?
- Primary School PE Coordinators/subject leaders
- Qualified practicing Primary School Teachers
- University students working towards becoming a primary teacher (e.g. currently studying for a BEd/PGCE Primary or BA PE degree)
- Trainee Primary School Teachers on Schools Direct/Teach First/SCITT programmes
- Higher Level Teaching Assistants who support the delivery of PE in their school
Please note – this course is not suitable for sports coaches or PE apprentices working in schools. The appropriate pathway for a coach is the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport.
However, there is a lot of further relevant content available on The Boot Room.
Those with a passion for football in particular should look into The FA Level 1 in Coaching Football course – which is a brilliant introduction to coaching football.