UEFA A in Coaching Football
How's it structured?
Taking place over 12 days within a one-year period, the course is divided into six residential modules held at The FA's national football centre, St. George's Park.
Each block lasts for two days with in-situ support from an FA coach developer provided in-between the blocks, whose role it is to support and challenge the thinking and learning you apply within your coaching.
The course will focus on in and out of possession principles related to strategies and tactics, the trends of the game, and specific specific coaching.
These content areas are also viewed from a multidisciplinary perspective through the integration of physical, psychological and performance analysis support.
The course will cover:
- Strategies and tactics
- Trends in the game
- Position specific coaching
And it will take into consideration:
By the end of the course, you’ll have built on your understanding of:
- The technical and tactical components of the 11v11 game
- The trends of the game as appropriate to the coach’s context
- Positional requirements within different systems of play
- To develop adaptable expertise in context
- You’ll also have an improved understanding of reflective study and leave a more creative and curious coach.
Who's it for?
This course is for coaches working within or aspiring to work within the professional game in senior (21+) and or youth development (5-21) environments.
If that’s you and you’re thinking of applying, then take a look at some further prerequisites you’ll need in place before submitting your application:
Applicants will need to:
- Have completed The FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football qualification (or equivalent).
- Have had their applications vetted and approved by the course director prior to enrolling
Please note priority will be given to:
- Coaches who are currently working and living in England
- Full-time coaches currently working within the senior male and female professional game
- Those who need the qualification in order to meet EPPP requirements
- Full-time coaches working outside of the professional game and part-time academy coaches will also be considered.
What you'll be able to do on completion of this course
Holding this qualification can lead to roles working within the professional game in senior (21+) or youth development environments (5-21).
And, if you have aspirations of coaching senior teams in the top flights and/or at international level, this course puts you in a good position to apply for The FA Level 5 (UEFA Pro) in Coaching Football - our highest coaching course and the mandatory qualification for first team managers in the Premier League.
You can check to see if you have a FAN already here.
If you cannot find that you already have a FAN on the above link, you can create a new FAN here.
If you know your FAN but do not know your password, you can reset it here. You must have access to the email address linked to your FAN in order to reset your password.
No. We receive high levels of interest on these courses every season and so only those who meet all of the pre-requisites will be considered for a place on a course.