UEFA Pro Licence
HOW'S IT STRUCTURED?This course is delivered across nine modules over an 18-month period and across a learning programme that combines face-to-face learning with independent study and a minimum of six one-to-one tutor visits to support your learning through the season.
As well as participating in regular theory and practical workshops that use the latest technology and facilities at St. George’s Park, you’ll also be exposed to industry-leading experts who will share their insight from football and business.
You’ll also have the opportunity to attend a study trip observing an international tournament, using the event as a backdrop to further bring the themes and content featured on the course to life.
WHAT ARE THE LEARNING OUTCOMES?At the end of this course, you’ll have developed:
- Critical self-reflective skills to identify strengths and areas for development
- Effective decision making strategies and processes for working in high performing environments
- Effective problem-solving methods to thrive in pressurised situations
- Leadership skills to provide clear, strategic direction to the people and departments within the football club
- Management skills for effective working with multi-disciplinary teams over the short to longer term
- World-leading insights into the technical and tactical insights & team strategy
- An understanding and application of integrated coaching models and their place in high performing environments
- Greater alignment of players and staff to deliver sustained performance
- Long-term player development and succession planning
Who's it for?
This course has been specifically designed for anyone aspiring to work at the very top of the game in leadership and management positions within the Premier League, Football League, FA Women’s Super League and the international game.
Any coach looking to start this course must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate of the UEFA A in Coaching Football, with priority given to applicants holding the English FA Award
- Experience in a full-time position in the professional game in one of the following roles: coach, assistant manager, manager, head of coaching, academy manager, head or recruitment, technical director or player (minimum of five years' professional playing experience)
- FA Advanced Youth Award is desirable
Please note: Meeting the above criteria may not guarantee a place on the course
WHAT YOU’LL BE ABLE TO DO ON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE
This course is a mandatory qualification for all first team managers who wish to work in the Premier League.
After you’ve successfully completed this course you will be able to pursue any elite level coaching opportunity across the game.
You can check to see if you have a FAN already here.
If you cannot find that you already have a FAN on the above link, you can create a new FAN here.
If you know your FAN but do not know your password, you can reset it here. You must have access to the email address linked to your FAN in order to reset your password.
No. We receive high levels of interest on these courses every season and so only those who meet all of the pre-requisites will be considered for a place on a course.