Back in July, Jamie Robinson, FA head of professional game coach development, Paul Davis, FA senior professional game coach developer and Jordan Nobbs, Arsenal and England midfielder considered:
- their biggest midfield influences, favourite midfield partnerships and most challenging opponents
- the evolvement of the midfield structures within the modern game compared to previous systems
- how to strike the right balance between structure and freedom when coaching modern football players.
If you have a dream make it a goal For one of our Black History Month webinars, Hope Powell, Brighton & Hove Albion women's first-team manager, Coreen Brown, Arsenal U15s academy coach and Alena Moulton, Stoke City women's head coach, discussed the importance of aiming high.
Developing a 'what if' plan for training and matchday In this webinar, Dave Morris, former FA county coach developer and Bex Garlick, FA national coach development lead (women and girls), focus on helping you prepare for every eventuality on training and matchdays, using the ‘plan, do, review’ model.
Why does this happen in my session?
Pete Sturgess, FA 5-11 DNA technical lead, Sally Needham, former FA county coach developer and Clare Daniels, FA national innovation manager, pose the question - why does this happen in my session? Here they:
- explore the benefits of play for child development and to session design
- gain an insight into the developing brain looking specifically at the play and seeking system
- look at how we can use this information to shape the way we provide football experiences for young people.