skills and attributes
We aim to develop England players with a comprehensive knowledge, understanding and experience of international football. Future England players will be equipped with the skills, abilities and decision-making capability to tactically manage international games.
We aim to produce England players who can:
- Recognise and adapt to the state of the game
- Achieve winning performances by maximising strengths and exploiting weaknesses
- Understand and apply individual, unit and team roles and responsibilities
- Adopt varied playing styles and formations
- Perform effectively against varied playing styles and formations
- Deal with varied environmental conditions
We aim to develop future England players who possess outstanding physical and athletic skills in the following areas:
- Agility, balance, coordination
- Speed/Speed endurance
- Nutrition and lifestyle
- Physical resilience
We aim to develop future England players who display outstanding social skills across the following areas:
Please note: some of the attributes listed above may not be applicable to individual impairment specific versions of the game.
We aim to develop future England players with the psychological skills and strategies to shape a winning England culture and mentality.
We aim to develop reflective, resourceful and resilient England players who display outstanding: